Cyber-Secure SaaS Printing for
Universal Print & Microsoft 365
Celiveo 365 and Universal Print
Celiveo365 provide cyber-secure document printing technology as an easy-to-use plug-in for Microsoft 365. It exists as a the deep integration of Celiveo serverless technology as a Microsoft Azure native Cloud app, adding a high security Zero Trust Access layer to the powerful Universal Print advanced capabilities.
Celiveo 365 is an Edge Computing technology, the intelligence rests at the printer level and communicates directly with Universal Print and Microsoft Azure. As a result it is slick, fast, safe and does not consist of a solution running side-by-side with Universal Print by Microsoft.
Celiveo is a Microsoft Partner and what we have experienced during integration work with Universal Print confirms the real breakthrough it represents for Cloud adopters. Celiveo 365 adds advanced features that most Enterprise companies are looking for: Cyber Security and Documents access control.
You can read more about our enthusiasm in our “Cloud or Smoke?” blog and in “Welcome to Universal Print by Microsoft”
Contact us to discuss your Print Management projects with Universal Print by Microsoft!
Universal Print by Microsoft provides the perfect Cloud Print spooler:
Cloud print queue standard in Win 10 and Win 11
No print server, no application server needed
No print driver needed
Access rights managed with AAD groups
Celiveo 365 adds advanced Security and management features such as:
User authentication on printers and MFP using:
- Smartphones (NFC)
- Contactless Cards
- PIN codes
Self enrollment of users on MFPs using Cloud AAD login
Access Control rules on printers based on AAD groups and OU
Secure pull printing, with jobs list display on most printers screen
Direct communication between most printers and Celiveo 365, no gateway/server
Print & Copy color usage control with rules on AAD groups
Printer rules to accept only compliant print jobs (i.e. paper format)
High Availability to handle internet outage and provide minimum service
Printer-embedded tracking of print/copy/scan/fax jobs
Web-based configuration & management console for Universal Print and Celiveo 365, usage & cost reports
With Celiveo 365 you get:
A lower cost
- There is no need for on-premise server or gateway
- Celiveo 365 is a true SaaS solution, no server/gateway/VM to keep and maintain
- The monthly cost is predictable
- The subscription scope can adjust at any time to your needs, no upfront commitment, it is as simple as Microsoft 365
A Genuine SaaS solution with top reliability and accessibility
- Celiveo 365 is not running side by side with Universal Print by Microsoft, it is extending Microsoft Cloud printing capability
- There is no need for on-premise server or gateway
- Celiveo 365 is not a software in a VM, it runs as an elastic resource running deep inside Azure and benefits from the high availability, elasticity and high security of the Microsoft Cloud
- Celiveo 365 features High Availability, it is always possible to authenticate with card or PIN on the printer and tracking the printer usage even if the Internet connection is down, all that without any local gateway or server
High Security and Confidentiality
- Celiveo 365 is build on a Zero-Trust-Access architecture from design, all communication is considered compromised unless proven otherwise
- There is no need for any VPN, Celiveo 365 relies on advanced Zero-Trust-Access technology and certificates to secure all access
- All printers, all API, all access nodes are protected by a certificate chain authenticating each node before any communication happens
- Your print jobs are flowing through your own Microsoft 365 tenant, to ensure the best security and confidentiality, not in a third party VM or server queue
- All Celiveo 365 communications are TLS-encrypted with our ECC certificates, documents are compressed and double-encrypted with AES256 until they reach the printer
- Since there is no VM or server-based software, Celiveo 365 it is not interrupted for OS security updates or solution refresh, Azure takes care of security updates, transparently
Subscribing to Celiveo 365 is fast and easy:
A Payment method
- A credit card
- or if you are a company or reseller, you may open an account, send us purchase orders and receive vouchers that can be used on the subscription page
Microsoft Administration Rights
- Valid Microsoft Universal Print subscription
(Universal Print is not available in all regions, more here: Universal Print)
- Right to add a plugin solution to your Microsoft 365 subscription
- Right to grant access to Celiveo 365 for all your users
- Rights to create and manage Universal Print Cloud printers
You can test Celiveo for 30 days at no cost!
- Your card is not charged before the end of the 30 days trial mode
- You can cancel the test period at any time, otherwise is activated for an uninterrupted service
What’s different with Celiveo 365?
Works with Cloud off
You need to always being able to authenticate on a printer or MFP, make a copy or fax a document, never lose printer usage even if your Internet provider has a downtime.
On many printer models, Celiveo 365 intelligence runs at the printer level and features high-availability technology to always work, even in case of major LAN/WAN/Cloud catastrophe, and without requiring any PC or server on-premise. And most of the time you will not even notice there was a Cloud access outage if you want to make a copy or send an analog fax.
Ultra Low Traffic
No need for costly high-speed fiber connection, a DSL connection will be good enough for most ground premises.
Most of the time all traffic happens on the local network, authentication happens locally, data is compressed and encrypted between printers and Celiveo 365.
That limits to the maximum the volume of data transferred to and from the Cloud, and therefore reduces your overall Cloud bill and wait time at the printer.
Very, very fast!
Information such as PIN code or card number is processed at the printer level, it does not go back to the Cloud unless the user is unknown. Pull print jobs are compressed and encrypted in the Cloud, decrypted at the printer where the user reclaims them. Tracking information is sent directly by the printer into the Cloud, without any PC.
The result is an awesome performance, very fast authentication, very fast printing and no gateway PC/server/service needed to reach the Cloud from a printer or MFP.
- Internet connection (no proxy) for PC and printers
- Network printers supported by Celiveo 365
- For the Celiveo 365 administrator, a Win 10 or 11 PC with .NET Desktop runtime 6.X.X, Edge/Chrome/Firefox browser.
- An active Microsoft 365 subscription
- An activated Universal Print license for end-users is needed with enough print credits to print documents (if Pull Print is used)
- Celiveo Administrators must be Printer Administrator in AAD, that’s how they are identified by the Celiveo Web Admin portal
- At subscription time: the Administrator linking Celiveo 365 to your Microsoft 365 tenant must be a member of one of the following two groups: Global Administrator or Privilege Role Administrator. This is necessary to authorize Celiveo 365 to connect to your Microsoft 365 tenant and process print jobs, identify users.